In an effort to improve member communications and to increase the value you receive for your membership dues, the National Council has decided to update its website. As a first step, after receiving and reviewing several quotes, we hired Don Wilson, P.Eng. an Honourary Life Member and designer of the very functional www.mari-tech.org site, which was instrumental in making this year’s Ottawa event so successful.
We have designed a website that we believe will make our web presence more attractive to potential new members and make it a “must see” regular check-in spot for our current members. We will have:
• Regularly updated news and views on current events in the marine industry
• Useful links for both new and current members
• Activities of your local branch
• Job postings
• Professional networking opportunities.
Professional networking is part of the reason for our organization. Therefore, we are creating a “members only” section on the site. Inside this password protected area, there will be:
• Archived copies of the Marine Engineering Digest
• Copies of Annual General Meeting Minutes, National Council’s Meeting Minutes and financial statements
• A contact list of members
• A blog area, open to guest bloggers, with space for questions and comments.
Watch for the launch of this exciting new site in September. The address will change from www.cimare.org to www.cimare.ca. But don’t worry; if you have our current one bookmarked, it will automatically take you to the new site.
And last, but certainly not least, the National Council wishes to thank Vancouver Island member, Bob Beatty of Creative Desktop Designs for his hard work and dedication over the years he served as our web-master. Thank you Bob!
CIMarE’s website is meant to serve you, our members. If you have any comments or suggestions, we want to know. Please send them to our National Administrator, Lauren Solar, at firstname.lastname@example.org.