Looking for a new career or job opportunity in the Marine/Transportation industry?
Canadian Sailings’ Career Center is the ideal place to find the perfect job. Click on the links below to open your window of opportunity!”
To place a career ad posting in the Career Center contact France Normandeau : email@example.com
Canpotex is hiring a Vessel Operator (20-20) to join the Operations team in our Saskatoon office.
Reporting to the Manager, Vessel Operations, you will be responsible for interpreting and implementing the charter party terms and conditions of assigned vessels, coordinating all voyage activities and settling final vessel accounts.
What you will do:
- Proactively manage voyages with all stakeholders and initiating pre-emptive or corrective action as required.
- Review, implement and optimize voyage and bunkering plans to maximize cargo intake, reduce costs, minimize delays, and meet customer requirements.
- Prepare hire payment for vessel owners and review and approve payment of port disbursement accounts.
- Monitor the issuance and availability of cargo documents.
- Timely and accurate updating of voyage information the in Voyage Manager System (IMOS).
- Prepare laytime calculations and settles demurrage/despatch with vessel owners and customers and perform various post-voyage analysis.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Marine Transportation or a related field.
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in vessel operations or scheduling or similar role.
- Good working knowledge of vessel operations practices and charter party terms.
Who you are:
- You demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and negotiate effectively with a number of parties with different priorities.
- You possess strong analytical, decision making and negotiating skills with ability to make decisions in short time frames and with limited information.
- You have the ability to set priorities, organize workload and function with minimal supervision.
Please apply online by September 11, 2020.