WHO WE ARE | THE COMPANY
Fednav, headquartered in Montreal, is the largest ocean-going ship owning and chartering company in Canada engaged in ocean transportation of mainly bulk cargoes on a worldwide basis. With 75 years of experience and expertise, we are a driven, innovative, and respected organization committed to our employees and customers.
We are currently seeking a Laytime Specialist to join the Operation Department and be responsible for supporting the Laytime team with daily processing of calculations and accounts.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING | THE ROLE
- Prepare Laytime estimates and forecasts
- Maintain Laytime logs
- Prioritize and finalize calculations and submit to charterer (ability to discuss/debate potential issues)
- Analyze charterer’s calculations
- Charter party genealogy
- Factual and documentary
- Maintain correspondence and negotiation with charterers on Laytime matters
- Maintain Laytime files (correcting and updating fixture templates, vessel/customer files and IMOS)
- Assist the Operations and Chartering departments with Laytime information and opinions
- Assist in statistical Laytime research for chartering department
- Provide support for the Assistant Manager, Laytime
WHAT YOU BRING | THE PERSON
The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of 3 years experience calculating/settling dry bulk laytime.
- A post-secondary diploma in any relevant field.
- Must be adept at creative problem solving, diligent, and commercially flexible (ability to dispute and be persuasive)
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communications skills, mostly English (verbal and written), French is an asset
- Strong organization skills
- Dedicated team player
Honesty, integrity, and a respect toward community and environment define our values.