Fednav, headquartered in Montreal, is the largest ocean-going ship owning and chartering group in Canada engaged in ocean transportation of mainly bulk cargoes on a worldwide basis. With over 70 years of experience and expertise, we are a driven, innovative, and respected organization committed to our employees and customers.
The Cargo Superintendent is responsible for providing cargo related support to involved parties, including Operations, Chartering and crew members.
Provide support to Chartering and Operations Departments:
- Prepare and verify stow plans
- Provide technical information about the vessels and cargo lifts
Provide support outside of the office:
- Supervise stowage, securing of cargo and stevedoring work
- Act as the company representative and act as the link between the office and the ship
An ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum two years seagoing experience
- Flexibility to travel
- Capable of working outside of regular business hours
- Shipping related educational degree
- Knowledge of stowage, lashing and other requirements preferred
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the position, Cargo Superintendent, in the subject heading of your email.